Monday, October 11, 2010

Makeup: A guide for the recently addicted

I'd say my Makeup addiction started about 6 months ago, possibly from watching a collection video on youtube and suddenly I was hooked...there was so much more I needed. Now makeup, I think, is one of the easiest things to spend money on.


1) There are, literally, thousands it seems of different shades/finishes for each item (eye shadow, lipstick/gloss/stain, eyeliners, blushes, bronzers..)
2) There can be crazy good sales at drugstores it seems (I picked up Maybelline Dream Mousse Foundation for $5! I had to buy 2!)...and that's difficult to resist when you're starting up your collection.
3) You can justify spending lots of money on said sales because you get so much.
4) You can justify spending money on higher quality items, because the quality is better.


Then comes the day, that you're looking at your collection and realizing that you shouldn't allow yourself to buy anymore "neutrals" because you have 2 full pre-made palettes as well as 10 individual pots....as well as a 15 palette you made yourself....and you want new blush but you already have 7 and you don't even use them all.


What's a girl to do?


Focus. I think this is the best thing to do when you're starting out a makeup collection if you don't want your wallet to run away with you. Focus.


Look at one thing: I need eye shadows, I need lipsticks, I need lipglosses (FYI, I totally need lipglosses), I need brushes.  I think this is the best thing to do because if you focus on one thing at a time, it won't suddenly amass into a pile of things you're not sure if you want.


XOXO,
I'm off to buy lipglosses.

No comments:

Post a Comment