Thursday, May 20, 2010

Popular Summer Makeup Trends

I'm talking about the things that are so in this season, and more than just the standards like "big lashes" (I saw one beauty report report this and I'm sorry, but isn't big bold lashes ALWAYS in ;) It's why we feel naked without mascara!)

Colour Wise:

  • Corals (It's such a go-to summer color and there are so many pretty eyes/blushes/lips coming out this summer. Sources: MAC Cosmetics To-The-Beach has a couple cute looks (released May 27, 2010), NYX has some cute ones, and I like Maybelline's Dream Matte Mouse Blush)
  • Purples (Like lilacs, this is mainly because of Alice in Wonderland, and lilacs are totally doable for day looks but then you can go darker for night time. Sources: NYX, Urban Decay, Micabella, MAC Cosmetics)
  • Yellows (I'm seeing a lot of yellow looks this season, it's a great way to brighten up your eyes on the inner lid! Sources: Annabelle, NYX Pearl Mania Pigments)
  • Coppers (As a middle, outer lid color, crease or eye liner or a fun (doable) lip! NYX Pearl Mania)
EYES:
  • I'm seeing a lot less smokey eye, and a lot more fun combinations with fading on the lid!
  • Metallics (Looks or just eye liner, I'm in love with golds, coppers, and bronzes)
LIPS:
  • The one look I'm seeing consistently is a lot of pale pinks (like MAC's Viva Glam Gaga)
  • Fierce reds (look for Tom Ford's new line to satisfy your needs.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment